An Association Management Company
What began 25 years ago as a successful marketing and public-relations firm has evolved into a management agency that operates non-profit trade associations, councils and for-profit initiatives for executives of the investment management industry. SGI is proud of the partnerships it has formed with hundreds of investment firms, senior executives, consultant groups and service organizations. These valued relationships enable our firm to do its job to create innovative ways to connect people, issues and companies to accelerate the sharing of leading intelligence and development of successful practices.
Over many years SGI has earned special status as a trusted agent, working alongside executives in the digital, distribution, product and marketing areas of business which has enabled us to develop solutions to meet many needs:
- Creating the only Digital organization for investment industry executives which now resides at the forefront of how businesses will operate in the future.
- Developing an executive council for Product Development and Management teams to accelerate in the development of best management practices for efficiency and decision-making.
- Creating an exclusive home for Marketing executives, a discipline increasingly important in the multi-branded world of global investment management.
- Establishing and managing an Awards program so the industry can judge and evaluate the quality of work produced to educate and inform investors and shareholders.
- Forging and operating a multi-brand secondary marketing program for the education of broker/dealers and independent registered advisors.
Whatever the issue, whatever the need, SGI brings interested parties together to create successful opportunities for sharing, learning and accelerated business development.
(New in the Fall of 2015, SGI will launch its latest development called AMIX – the Asset Management Innovation Exchange. This event will mark the emergence of a consortium of third-party technology partners who serve the industry.)
Brian M. Smith, Founder and President
Brian M. Smith is the founder and President of Smith Group Inc. and has over 25 years of experience in the mutual fund industry ranging from serving as an Vice President of Marketing, Executive Director and consultant to fund companies and industry trade groups. In 2010 he was named one of the 100 most influential executives in the industry.
Michelle A. Smith, Executive Vice President
Michelle A. Smith has served nearly 30 years in the fund industry as a Vice President of Marketing, Executive Director and consultant. She served as the Chair of Investment Company Institute’s Marketing Committee and has been quoted and featured in numerous financial publication and cable network broadcasts.
Kimber Lintz, Vice President
Kimber has worked for more than 30 years in the investment management and marketing industries. With Fleishman-Hillard and George K. Baum prior to joining SGI in 1990, Lintz has extensive experience in client relations, strategic planning and digital marketing. She is identified as a leading technology and innovation resource in the financial services industry and also serves as Director of the Mutual Fund Education Alliance (MFEA).
Michael Hedstrom, Vice President
Michael is a senior marketing and business development leader with 25 years of experience in the financial services/asset management industry. He has significant investment background in the areas of marketing, communications, products and relationship management, with prior firms including Scout Investments, Ameriprise Financial, H&R Block Financial Advisors and ING. Michael serves as the Director of the Closed-End Fund Association, as well as Council Director for the MFEA Marketing and Distribution Councils.