Alternative Ways to Reach Investors
Public Relations & Content Manager
Media relations is a tried-and-true tactic in your marketing toolbox, but are you using it as effectively as you could be? The media landscape is evolving and staying abreast of the latest trends (and your audience) is of the utmost importance. Here to provide perspective on best practices and alternative ways to reach investors is Gina Meagher, SGI’s Public Relations and Content Manager.
Thinking Outside The Box
In this digital age, investors are consuming information in more ways than ever before. “While media relations should play a role in your marketing mix, there are alternative ways to reach investors and garner more eyeballs on your content,” Meagher explains.
Blogs and third-party self-publishing platforms are a way to promote thought leadership, discussion and news for your brand. There are a variety of self-publishing platforms that garner attention from investors and may prove to be as effective (if not more effective) than traditional media outlets at reaching your target audience. Before amplifying your content on these channels, it is important to research and evaluate the platform’s reach, relevancy and tone to determine if it is a fit for your brand.
As with any form of media relations, developing strategic content and messaging is first and foremost. Focus on content first and distribution second.
While each self-publishing platform has its own set of guidelines, SGI recommends keeping the following rules of thumb in mind.
- Steer clear of sounding too promotional. Enhance your reputation as an expert in your field without tooting your own horn. Your readers care about the message you’re conveying, not your accolades.
- Write about what you know. Share your observations, impressions and firsthand experience with the industry.
- Remember your audience. Help investors understand industry trends and discuss timely topics that resonate with what is being talked about in the news.
- Draw in readers with a catchy headline. Make sure the title captures the message of your post.
- Be authentic. Be genuine and true to your brand’s voice.
Ready to get started, but not sure where to begin? Let’s chat. Contact Gina Meagher at email@example.com.